There are five successive stages to quitting smoking:
Quit Smoking Benefits
|Pre-contemplation||Not thinking about quitting|
|Contemplation||Thinking about quitting but not yet ready|
|Preparation||Getting ready to quit|
|Maintenance||Remaining a non smoker|
What changes can you expect?
When smokers quit cigarettes, within twenty minutes of smoking that final cigarette, a series of changes begin in your body and your wallet.
After 20 minutes of quitting smoking:
- Blood pressure decreases
- Pulse rate drops
- Body temperature of hands and feet increases
After 12 hours:
- Carbon monoxide level in blood drops
- Oxygen level in blood increases
After 24 hours:
- Almost all of the nicotine is out of your body
- Your blood pressure and heart rate are dropping towards normal levels
- Your chance of heart attack is decreasing
- You have more oxygen in your blood
Based on estimating the cost of smoking a packet of cigarettes a day, after one day of not smoking you’ll have an extra $16 in your pocket. You could treat yourself to a café lunch, a couple of your favourite magazines or hire a couple of movies.
After 2 days:
- Your sense of smell and taste begin to improve
- You will notice that your skin, hair and breath smell fresher
- There is less carbon monoxide in your system which means your lungs are working more efficiently
- Nerve ending are starting to re-grow
You’ve saved $32. You could buy a good bottle of wine, take a friend to the movies, buy a book, CD or DVD.
After 1 week:
- The small hair-like structures that clean your lungs (cilia) are starting to work again.
- Accumulated phlegm from smoking will have loosened and you will start to cough it up and get rid of it
- Your body will be purged of most nicotine by-products
You’ve got over $100 in your pocket that you wouldn’t normally have. What about a day out with the family, a new outfit, prepaying one of your bills – imagine that!
After 1 month:
- Your lungs are working more efficiently
- Walking and exercising is easier for you
- Your blood pressure has returned to normal
- Your immune system is starting to recover
- Your circulation is improving
- Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, shortness of breath are decreasing
An extra $450 that you wouldn’t have had if you were smoking is now yours. The possibilities are increasing as is your health. You could buy a new TV or sound system, you could go away for a weekend break or even reduce your credit card balance.
After 3-6 months:
- You don’t cough and wheeze as much
- Your lung function continues to improve
- Blood flow to your limbs and extremities is improving
- You may feel less stressed or in a better mood than when you were smoking
- Your lungs have regained the capacity to clean themselves properly
After 3 months you’ve saved $1,344. Yes it really is that much. $1,344 is enough money to buy yourself a new computer and printer or you could have a new home theater package including DVD and speakers in your lounge room. After 6 months you’ll have saved $2,688 which is enough money for a deposit on a new car or a holiday. That money is money you would once have burned up in smoke.
After 1 year:
- Your previously increased risk of premature death from heart attack and coronary heart disease is halved
After only one whole year of not smoking you’ll have saved more than $5,500 (not taking increasing costs of smoking into account). Imagine all the possibilities spending you will have : new home appliances, a holiday of a lifetime, $5,500 off your mortgage payments (plus the compound savings in interest), having your teeth improved or having the money set aside as a buffer.
Just to give you a simple idea of the savings you will have made, the pre-tax amount you would have worked for is a minimum of $7000 over the whole year. Imagine what it would be like to perhaps have the option of reducing the hours you work by one day each week whilst still earning the same amount of money each week…
After 10 years:
- Risk of lung cancer for you drops to as little as one half that of continuing smokers (provided the disease is not already present)
- Risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas degreases significantly for you
- Your risk of stroke is substantially reduced
It sounds incredible but, within 10 years of quitting cigarettes you will have saved around $70,000 of pre-tax money. Since that is calculated at today’s prices, it will surely be significantly more than that but that’s still a pretty amazing number. As we all know cigarettes never go down in price do they, especially as pressure is always on for additional tax to be imposed?
The average smoker’s life is 14 years shorter than the life of a non smoker. By quitting cigarettes, you are literally adding 14 years onto your life. How much is that worth to you?
After 15 years:
- Risk of coronary heart disease for you is now similar to that of lifetime non smokers
- Risk of smoking-related death returns to nearly the level of people who have never smoked
The savings keep adding up – it is well over $100,000 and this doesn’t even take into account cumulative savings. By adding years to your life you’ll have much more money to enjoy all those extra years of your life.
Add years to your life and thousands to your bank account
If you stop smoking, apart from the cost of the cigarettes, you will certainly save money in many other ways, including:
- You will be less likely to suffer from colds, flu or other respiratory infections which means fewer trips to the doctor, less money spent on medications and fewer sick days
- You won’t need so many visits to the dentist to have your teeth professionally cleaned and fixed up
- You’ll reduce the time and money spent on maintaining your house such as repairing the discolouration of walls and ceilings caused by the cigarette smoke.
- You will cut down your cleaning bills because clothes, furniture, upholstery and the interior of your car will no longer stink of cigarette smoke
- The risk of fire in your home will be reduced
- Your private health insurance and other insurance premiums are very likely to be reduced
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS
TO BEING A FRESH AIR BREATHING NON SMOKER
FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
- You will look, smell and feel much better!
- You will save so much money!
- You will take back control once and for all!
- You will have much more energy!
- You will look younger and not be aging before your time
- You will be setting a good example to your children
- You will be adding years to your life
We are in the business of helping you to become a successful non-smoker. Our system has a success rate that is exceptional and is backed up with our guaranteed commitment to help you become a non smoker and remain a non-smoker for life. If you ever smoke another cigarette after our session then we will provide back up free of charge until you quit smoking once and for all. We give you our 100% commitment to your stop smoking success – Guaranteed!
To quit cigarettes you must have the mental leverage to make it a certainty for you. What this means is that you have enough reasons stacked up or enough significance in the reasons to make it something you REALLY want.
Here are a few suggestions for you to ponder if you are still not certain of your desire to quit cigarettes:
- I want to have more control in my life again
- I want to live a long and healthy life
- I want more energy
- I want to be able to exercise and not be out of breath in a few minutes
- I want to be able to smell and taste my food again
- I want to go away without having to organise my holiday around where and when I can smoke
- I want feel healthy and feel fit again
- I want to have the freedom of choice all day every day
- I want to be able to concentrate and have focus
- I want to work less and play more with the extra money
- I want to smell clean, have white teeth and fresh breath
- I want to be there for my family for the rest of my life
- I want to be a role model for people I care about
- I want to look my age not like a wrinkled up old prune
- I want to feel proud of myself again
- I want the people in my life to feel proud of me eg partner, family, kids, grandchildren, friends and co-workers
- I want to have more time so that I can do what I want whenever I want
The bottom line is this: We can never have enough time, health, energy and money. As we all know cigarettes ravage all of these aspects of our life so, when you decide it is time to quit cigarettes, it will change your life for the better and forever in every way.
You will have more energy and vitality. You will have more control over your life and freedom to do whatever you chose. Most importantly, quitting will add up to 14 years to your life.
Is that not worth 60 minutes of your life today?
To Quit Now call for an appointment on 1300 2 QUIT NOW (1300 278 486).
Make your reservation to become a non-smoker for life now.